Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pianist

Jordan has been taking piano lessons for about six months now and is learning a ton. He loves to play, and is especially enamored of chords. "Chords are very empowering," agrees his cheerful and unflappable piano teacher, as Jordan bangs away at top volume on the grand piano in her living room. She held a recital for all her students last weekend, and Jordan played the following piece. The intro and out-tro are his own composition, which he improvised one day and remembers. The piece in the middle is a piece she assigned him called "I've Got Music," by Bastien.


1 comment:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I am a bit in awe after listening to this. I took piano lessons for a dozen or so years, and I'm quite sure I was not nearly as fluent a player as Jorden after just six months. Wow!