Monday, July 3, 2017

Nostalgia

Today I went to pick up Aaron from the bus stop, actually the front steps of our temple, where he is dropped off after day camp at the Stroum JCC on Mercer Island. Mostly people were waiting in their cars (sigh), but there was another couple there with their toddler, waiting for the older sibling to arrive on the bus. I saw them and was transported back to another time, when Aaron was the toddler, and I would pick him up from the preschool in the same building, and wait for Jordan to get back from the same day camp on the same bus. There was another mom there every afternoon with her son; I didn't know her especially, but the kid was one of Aaron's classmates, and she was moderately friendly. She had long black curly hair and she would entertain her son by timing him as he raced up and down the ramp next to the stairs. Have you guessed? It was my good buddy Jessica and her son Adam. You meet the best people at a good bus stop.

Back in the present, Aaron arrived, and I told him about my reminiscing. He was astonished, and then philosophical. "Someday years from now, maybe you and I will remember today," he said. "Walking home from the bus stop talking about when I was little." Wow; yeah.

No comments: