Friday, January 2, 2015

Resolutions

I did it! I kept my New Year's resolution for all of 2014! Or close enough. I resolved to blog at least twice a month and 50 times in the year, and while there were two months in which I only posted once, I totaled a fabulous 54 blog posts. This is great for my own reflection, for keeping a fun family archive, and for including relatives and friends in our lives. I hereby renew this resolution for 2015.

Two other resolutions: First, throw an annual work party. I remember fondly that Lillian used to do this, and Joe, and Dale's bosses, and I think it is great stuff for group identity and getting to know each other. Joe used to do it on Einstein's birthday. I have decided to honor Piaget instead, and I will honor the day of his death, because it is in September (his birthday is in August which is not good with the academic calendar). And this year, I will also have a half-birthday party in February, when there will be lots of PER visitors in town for a conference.

Second, declutter 12 small but important areas of the house (one per month) - i.e. a certain drawer or shelf. For this I need to make a list. Perhaps on the monthly calendar in the kitchen.

1 comment:

Laura Walshaw said...

I love the choice of Piaget! He's a favorite of mine for sure and what better timing than around the beginning of a new year of learning. I hope your February event goes well too. X