Monday, April 19, 2010

Jokes

Everyone's telling jokes around here. The kids are busily memorizing jokes from a Monster Riddles library book.

Aaron: What goes ha ha ha clunk?
Respondent: I don't know, what?
Aaron (shrieking with such hysteria he can hardly deliver the line): A monster laughing his head off!!

Jordan: What do you say to a two-headed monster?
Respondent: I don't know, what?
Jordan: Hi hi!
(Imagine the many variations - number of heads, occasions for greeting, etc)

Dale, meanwhile, was entertained by a coworker who was being followed around by a duck while on a walk at lunchtime. There was a long silly riff from various lab members about how she might bring the duck to work, on the bus home, etc. Dale said it was too bad she wouldn't get the chance to bring him to the lab party and introduce him with, "This is my duck, Bill."

I don't have much to contribute myself - I seem to be more of the straight man. The other night I was lying down in such a way that the corner of a nearby pillow was sticking into my eye. I said, "That is a really 3-D effect I'm getting there," and Dale said, "It's not an effect." Something about the whole Avatar world we live in made this really funny at the time.

No comments: