Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bathtub science


The kids are in the bathtub; we hear water pouring.

Jordan: Now who felt it?
Aaron: Maybe me.
Jordan: Who felt it on his foot?
Aaron: Maybe me.
Jordan: See, that’s an experiment.  You pour it on both and you see which one feels it.
Aaron: Okay.
Jordan: Okay, so what we’re going to do is put this in the water, press down on it, now Aaron, you put your legs inside my legs.  Aaron do this, do this.  And I’ll do this, okay?  So we’re trying to do an experiment.  We’re going ot pour some right here in between my feet, and who feels it the most.  Actually we’re going to pour it right here, and with this suction cup, and these two legs are supposed to go up.  Now it has a certain vibration.  So it can go in here and over here, or through here, or this way.  Let’s try it.
Aaron: Oh, I feeled it!
Jordan: Now where did you feel it?
Aaron: On my feet.
Jordan: Now we’ll try it over here.  I know exactly where to put it.  Right between these two legs.  There, did you feel it?
Aaron: Yeah.
Jordan: Did I feel it?
Aaron: Yeah.
Jordan: Right, I did.  Now let’s do this, I’ll make a circle with my feet.  I do the pose.  [Pours.] 
Aaron: I feeled it!
Jordan: Did I feel it?
Aaron: Yes.
Jordan: No, this time I did not feel it, actually the water went right through.  Now Aaron, look right here, get right in here.
Aaron: Noooo,
Jordan: But Aaron it’s an experiment.
Aaron: I’m going to be a –
Jordan: It’s not an “I’m going to be a” game, it’s an experiment.  You go right here.

[I stopped transcribing, but it went on for a loooong time.  After the science lesson there was yoga class.]

No comments: