Friday, July 16, 2010

Yellowstone: We went!


I have no idea when was the last time I was without internet so long and one of the serious difficulties was being unable to blog during our first family visit to a national park!  Dad got the bug from seeing the Ken Burns series, “America’s Best Idea,” and he thought it would be much more fun to go with us, meaning particularly our children.  We gladly signed up, as did Jes, Deena, Sue, and Bill, and it was a great week.  We stayed at a terrific place, saw tons of wildlife, gaped at geysers, and got along great.  The children were inestimably patient with all the driving and walking and restaurants, and really enjoyed themselves, very much fulfilling Grandpa’s vision of the whole thing.  In what follows I’ll blog on what I think are the important topics: lodging, wildlife, thermal features, and food.  (Food is always an important topic with me.)

[I’m still struggling with the pictures, so I’m going to post the text now and keep adding in the pictures as I can.]

No comments: