Sunday, December 31, 2017

Bike tour

We rented bikes and spent a couple hours riding in Golden Gate Park, which is mostly closed to traffic on Sundays. What a great time! We all enjoyed it so much.


We started up on Haight Street, cruised past the Conservatory, wound around the museums, and zipped all the way down to the polo fields, where the boys did laps around the cycling track. I used to run around the dirt path when I was in track in middle school, with my running buddy Jocelyn. I wonder where she is now.


We saw a bunny. This bunny was extremely tame and looked suspiciously fat and domestic to us.


Our turnaround point was Spreckels Lake, which is right near the house where Selena lived when she and I were in middle school. There has always been a community of model boat sailors there, and their boats were pretty fun. One was a miniature steamboat that puffed steam and made noises.





No comments: