Sunday, January 4, 2009

Rent abatement update

The apartment manager stopped by our unit on Friday to return our partial rent check to us, voided, with a letter stating that rent is due in full.  The explanation offered is that any rent abatement would come from the construction account, not the operations account (where the rent goes).  I said (in person, I hope pleasantly) that of course there's only one account on our side.  The manager referred me to the owner's representative, to whom I have placed a call.  He hasn't gotten back to me yet.  All of this seems very much to be expected.

If you're looking for that last post about the impending major construction, I deleted it, because it turns out it was sent to us in error.  Only the north side of the building is getting such extraordinary treatment.

No comments: