Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Kauai: Ke'e

We have been to Ke'e Beach twice, because it is lovely, with shade, and a safe and fun lagoon protected by a coral reef. The boys snorkeled both here and at Poipu. The snorkeling on Kauai is not super beautiful; there are some entertaining fish, but the coral itself is muddy-colored, not the rainbow beauty I remember from when I was last here (thirty-some years ago). Apparently Kauai has never been the place for beautiful coral; my memory must be of snorkeling on the Big Island. I did a little snorkeling at Poipu, but at Ke'e, I got in some much-needed quiet time on a shady beach with a book. 

Ke'e is at the edge of the Na Pali Coast, the undeveloped wilderness of Kauai, and has trails leading into the tropical rainforest. The trails were too steep and rocky and muddy for most of us to get very far, but Dale and Jordan got high enough to take some pictures.







No comments: