Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Establishing ourselves

Getting a new address enabled us to get new phone numbers (landline and cell) and internet service.  Whee!  The other utilities are set up by the apartment.  I arranged with USPS to forward everyone's mail.  I also got my new work address, and gave that to the mailroom here so they can forward my (90% useless) professional mail.  I arranged for our home phone and internet service to be disconnected the day we leave... we have to physically return the cable modem, which is an annoying thing to have to do at the last minute, but the alternative is to be without internet service for (gasp!) days.  How would I blog?

Remaining jobs include discontinuing the other utilities and unhooking all the bank stuff - arranging for a new account and changing over all the automatic deposits and payments.  There's nothing forcing us to close the account here... it just seems wrong, part of our Maryland past.

We have to wait until we're physically in Seattle to get driver's licenses.  That's likely to be an all-day project.

No comments: