Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Jordan, taking it in

Yesterday Jordan called me in to his bedroom as he was waking up, invited me to curl up with him, and said, "Mama, tell me some more cool things about Seattle that I don't know."  I wondered if this was part of him coping with all of the goodbyes we said this weekend.  I told him some cool things about our apartment:  that it has a balcony, and a fireplace, and that it is just a few blocks from Theo's house.  (Ten, actually.)  I had to explain what a fireplace was - I'm not sure he has actually experienced one.  "Like the campfire at Uncle Michael's house, only in a special safe place indoors," I said.  He thought that sounded great.

Then at breakfast he said, "Mama, I think that after we live in Seattle for a while we will want to move back here."  I carefully did not say, "Nope!  Ain't gonna happen!"  Instead I said, "You think we will miss it here?"  He said yes.  

I wonder what this is like for him, and how it will unfold once we arrive.

No comments: