Monday, July 28, 2008

Unusual Monday

Navigating the weekday morning routine in the Glenway house, while also packing up because we're leaving that house today, and explaining to Jordan where we're staying next and why, and getting me out the door by 8 so that Aaron doesn't start his morning nap in the car... yeesh. Everything was fine (unless I've forgotten some critical item I don't know about yet). Fanta's was so comfortingly familiar that I hung out there for twenty minutes.

I passed through the Haddon house and it looks like the painting is done - all the trim and doors and everything - wow. They really worked hard yesterday. It's a little hard to get the effect because the place remains a worksite, but what I could see looks great. The floor guy was there setting up. I said hello, told him my ideas for where the appliances could go, and quickly left. I figure he surely must deal with moving refrigerators on a regular basis, there's multiple burly contractor guys there, and frankly I don't want to see them doing it!

I avoided the basement.

And now I'm at work for the first time in ten days. What is it I do here again?

No comments: